Unifin's Cardinal Pumps & Exchangers also manufactures a line of heavy-duty transformer oil valves ranging from 2" to 8" in size including ANSI standard and OEM specific flange configuration (such as the GE square shown to the right) bolt hole patterns. These valves are designed specifically for use on new transformers or as replacements on existing electrical transformers.
Features and Options
- Unifin valves are robust in design so that over tightening or minor abuse encountered in handling, or during factory/field installation will not result in malfunctioning of the valve
- All parts are made from non-corrosive or suitably protected material to withstand outdoor exposure on external surfaces and hot transformer oil on internal surfaces
- Fasteners are designed to prevent loosening under normal operating conditions
- In the open position valve flapper will not vibrate or flutter when valve is installed close to the suction side of the pump, flapper acts as a fluid straightener thus enhances the pump's performance
- Valve design temperatures are –40°C (–40°F) to 100°C (212°F)
- Operating handle displays the valve's open and shut position and is designed so it can be manually locked in either position
- Valves are individually coated with oil and sealed to protect from contaminants
Field retrofit kits available for Westinghouse and McGraw Edison valves.